Tuesday, 27 August 2013

Beneath an Irish Sky by Isabella Connor

The past is never over …
Jack Stewart thought he’d put the past behind him. On the surface, he has everything – success, money, a big house and he is never short of an attractive woman by his side, but a tragic road accident shatters his world.

Raised as an Irish Traveller, Luke Kiernan hasn’t had it easy, and when he wakes in a Dublin hospital to find the man he’s hated since childhood at his bedside, he’s hungry for revenge.

Two very different worlds collide, bringing new dangers, exposing past deceits, and unearthing dark family secrets buried long ago. But from tragedy springs the promise of a fresh start with two women who are intent on helping Jack and Luke mend their lives.

Can new love heal old wounds, or are some scars there for good?



20130824-164636.jpg

This is one of them stories where I'm going to let the synopsis tell you what the story is about because it is so intricately told, I'm scared of spoiling it!

What I will say is that in the 12 hours it took me to read this I was gripped, I couldn't put this book down, I found myself walking around the house with my head permanently in the story, I didn't want to leave the characters until the book ended and even then I wasn't ready to let them go.

The story itself plays host to so many wonderful characters and I found myself on a roller-coaster of emotions throughout culminating in a truly spectacular ending.

For me one of the unsung heroes of the book was Matt, he was none judgemental and just a genuinely lovely character to read about, he was always willing to listen to people.

'Beneath an Irish Sky' is a beautifully captivating debut, that will have your mind travelling along with the Irish traveller!

5/5

I would like to thank Jane at Choc Lit for sending me a copy to review.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Kirsty, for that lovely review. So glad you enjoyed BAIS

    Liv (One half of Isabella Connor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for finally writing about >Beneath an Irish Sky by Isabella Connor | The Love of a Good Book
    <Loved it!

    ReplyDelete