Monday, 19 August 2013

Click by Lisa Becker

Fast approaching her 30th birthday and finding herself not married, not dating, and without even a prospect or a house full of cats, Renee Greene, the heroine of Click: An Online Love Story, reluctantly joins her best guy pal on a journey to find love online in Los Angeles. The story unfolds through a series of emails between Renee and her best friends (anal-compulsive Mark, the overly-judgmental Ashley and the over-sexed Shelley) as well as the gentlemen suitors she meets online. From the guy who starts every story with "My buddies and I were out drinking one night," to the egotistical “B” celebrity looking for someone to stroke his ego, Renee endures her share of hilarious and heinous cyber dates. Fraught with BCC's, FWD's and inadvertent Reply to All's, readers will root for Renee to "click" with the right man.


When I read the blurb for Click, I was immediately intrigued.

A story that is told purely by emails, it sparked my interest straight away.

Click follows soon to be 30 years old Renee, as she embarks on the world of on-line dating.

Share her experiences, as you are privy to her emails between friends and potential dates.

The voyeuristic part of me, enjoyed this so much that within a morning, I had read it all.

Lisa Becker did a fantastic job of getting her characters and their surroundings across via email, I found myself laughing along with Shelley (the bed hopping best friend), cringing at some of Ashley's snide remarks and picturing the many dates that Renee was able to go.

And at times I felt sorry for Renee, she only ever wanted to meet a genuinely nice guy, but on several occasions she met less than charming guys.

I really liked the twist at the end, I had an inkling about a chapter and a half away, that was going to happen but I would never of guessed it from the beginning.

I really enjoyed this book and am excited to read the sequel Double Click

5/5

1 comment:

  1. […] year I was lucky enough to review two wonderful and unique stories. Click and Double Click Today I am pleased to share with you the cover and synopsis for Right Click, the […]

    ReplyDelete