Monday, 19 August 2013

Crossfire Series

Bared to You by Sylvia Day is the first in the Crossfire trilogy featuring Gideon and Eva, two wounded souls who come together in an explosion of lust and passion as intoxicating as it is devastating - the perfect read for fans of bestselling erotic romance Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James.


Our journey began in fire . . .

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness - beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily . . .

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds . . . and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart . . .

Intensely romantic, darkly sensual and completely addictive, Bared to You will take you to the very limits of obsession - and beyond
.

Ladies and Gentleman, introducing the Crossfire series: Over the next three weeks I'm going to share with you my thoughts on the first three sizzling reads!

Before starting the series I'd heard many people compare it to Fifty Shades of Grey, now I have to confess I've only read two of the Fifty Shades trilogy.
The concept was great, how it got the world talking about things people viewed as racy, was fabulous but for me it wasn't all that.
I am probably one of the few women who have read the books and thought that Christian Grey was an obnoxious control freak, that being said I will still watch the movie when it hits the cinemas next year.

Anyway I digress, with the comparisons being made, it took me a while to purchase a copy of Bared to You, I am however so pleased that I did!

Gideon Cross whilst obnoxious and used to getting things his own way, is messed up and it's through that side of his character that I discovered his endearing qualities.
Drawn to Eva with such a feeling of intensity that both are left breathless by , Cross discovers that he isn't the only one with a troubled past, but can they move on and help each other or will their nightmares turn into each others living hell.

Ok so a few pages made me think of Fifty Shades, but this to me, had humour, intrigue and a female lead who isn't as naive as Ana.
It gripped me and the storyline that flowed around the sexual intensity pulled me into the pages and had me wondering what Eva and Gideon would do next.

Leaving us at a cliffhanger, I'm starting to see why Crossfire is so popular. I'm already wondering what's going to happen next and will Cary (Eva's best friend) be on the straight and narrow or will he have more escapades.

4/5

Reflected In You

Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction… my every desire… mine.

My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We'd never work. It was too hard, too painful… except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity.

We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession…




This is going to be an extremely short review because as I'm typing I'm looking at Entwined with You and wanting to get back into Gideon and Eva's world,

I was pleased to discover that Reflected in You picked up exactly where Bared to You ended, which means that from the first page, their intensity towards each other is evident.
Their raw passion and inner turmoil is still as strong and the couple are about to face new dilemmas, but will it make or break them?

Although erotic, this story is full of intrigue. We have caught glimpses of what happened in Eva's past but why does Gideon have nightmares?
For me Reflected in You takes a dark twist, it really is a thrill to turn the page and when Gideon declares he will do anything for Eva, his character goes to new depths to prove it.

The crossfire story has consumed me and I can't wait to read what happens next!

5/5


Entwined With You

The 7 million copy global bestselling Crossfire series from Sylvia Day continues in Entwined with You as Eva and Gideon face the demons of their pasts and accept the consequences of their obsessive desires . . .

From the moment I first met Gideon Cross, I recognized something in him that I needed. Something I couldn't resist. I also saw the dangerous and damaged soul inside - so much like my own. I was drawn to it. I needed him as surely as I needed my heart to beat.

No one knows how much he risked for me. How much I'd been threatened, or just how dark and desperate the shadow of our pasts would become.

Entwined by our secrets, we tried to defy the odds. We made our own rules and surrendered completely to the exquisite power of possession
. .



'Entwined with You' is by far the best book in the series.

I loved learning more about other characters and their interactions with both Gideon and Eva.
I also enjoyed reading how their relationship has evolved now they both know that there really is nothing they wouldn't do for each other.

With Eva and Gideon still being guarded about their relationship within the public eye, Eva sets about making sure she develops friendships and one of these is with receptionist Megumi, there is something about Megumi's character that really intrigues me and I do hope she features in the rest of the series.
She strikes me as quirky and intuitive and I feel there may be a whole other level to this character.

There wasn't a bit of this book that I didn't like, I loved how finally we are getting through that strong muscled exterior of Gideon Cross (fans self) and getting to learn a bit more about what happened in his past.
Eva and Gideon's relationship is still as intense as ever, they are soul-mates, a couple who complete each other. I think Sylvia Day should be praised for the way she gets their intensity across to the reader.

I was gripped from start to finish and left open mouthed as I turned the last page.
For now, it's left me biting my nails with anticipation for what the next book might bring.

The knowledge that the crossfire series is no longer a trilogy has left me excited but also created a void in my life that only the the fourth book will fill.

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment