Monday, 19 August 2013

Cupcakes at Carringtons by Alexandra Brown

Georgie Hart loves her job--running the luxury handbag concession at Carrington's Department store in the pretty seaside town of Mulberry Bay, and treating herself (once too often!) to a red velvet cupcake with buttercream icing in Carrington's café.

But Georgie is thrown into disarray when Carrington's is plunged into a recession-busting makeover, cueing the arrival of femme fatale Maxine, who wields the axe in her immaculately-manicured hands.

It spells a recipe for disaster for Georgie and soon she is fighting not only for her job, but also for the attentions of her gorgeous boss, James. And when hot newcomer Tom arrives, who may or may not be the best thing since sliced bread, Georgie must decide where her loyalties really lie...



20130830-095300.jpg

'Cupcakes at Carrington's' took over my imagination and before I knew it my house was transformed into a department store and in front of me was a selection of beautiful handbags and the aroma of delicious cupcakes.

I was introduced to Georgie a handbag loving, cupcake eating sales advisor who caught me up in her life and allowed me to meet her best friends Sam and Eddie.
See the two gorgeous guys that caused her pulse to race and heart to flutter, I could easily refer to them as hot but for now let's call them James and Tom.
Unfortunately for Georgie I was also introduced to two vindictive women in the forms of Maxine and Tina.

As I went on my journey through Carrington's I discovered how great Georgie's friendships were and was left wishing I too, could have a Sam and Eddie in my life.

'Cupcakes at Carrington's' is full of some wonderful characters but my favourite is Sam. She really is a lifeline for Georgie, always there to offer support, delicious cupcakes and gorgeous shoes.

Alexandra Brown has created a delectable debut novel, which has left my mouth watering at what will happen next.
And thankfully we only have to wait until November for the next tantalising book in the series; 'Christmas at Carrington's'

Make yourself a cup of tea and treat yourself to 'Cupcakes at Carrington's', the department store everyone should visit!

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment