Monday, 19 August 2013

I Heart London by Lindsey Kelk

Angela’s back on home turf – and in her biggest romantic scrape yet…
Home is where the heart is, Right?

Angela Clark has fallen in love with New York – and it’s starting to love her back.
But when she’s summoned home to England, she’s at risk of losing her shiny new life to rain, warm beer and bad memories. Talk about stepping back in time
There’s Mark, the ex-boyfriend – who she ran to New York to get away from.
There’s Louisa, her best friend, with her terrifying new baby.



And there’s her mum, still talking to her as though she’s fifteen.


Now there’s a wedding in the offing – and everyone remembers how well Angela behaved at the last one. . . Can the arrival of boyfriend Alex and best friend Jenny save her from a re-run of her old self?





I love the I heart series and often recommend them to friends, so when I heard that the series was going full circle and Angela was returning back to London, where I heart New York had started I couldn’t wait to get my hands on a copy and catch up with Angela and the gang

As with all of Lindsey Kelk’s books I heart London was funny and touching and a perfect finale to the series (for the time being, maybe one day Angela will return)

One of the things that I enjoyed the most in I heart London was how Angela’s London and New York lives met. Of course being out of London was bound to change Angela but when she is back around her parents and Louisa you realise just how much she has evolved.

As with all of the series, Jenny and Alex are still wonderfully warm characters who bring a lot to the series but in I heart London I found Angela’s dad to be a lovely character thrown into the mix, the way he starts bonding with Alex is both comical and touching.

The reference's to Percy Pigs and Eastenders were witty and also showed that even though Angela was now living as a New Yorker there were home comforts she missed.

As with all of Lindsey Kelk’s books I read it quickly and found it hard to put down, but knowing that this was the last we would see of Angela made it slightly bitter-sweet.

It was an amazing read and I would highly recommend the I heart Series.

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment