Monday, 19 August 2013

Revenge Wears Prada - The Devil Returns by Lauren Weisberger

The hotly-anticipated sequel to The Devil Wears Prada – the million copy bestseller that took the world by storm

Everything’s in place for the season’s hottest launch:

Tall latte (with two raw sugars)? Check.

Gucci trench (draped over desk)? Check.

Outrageous, unreasonable demands? Check.

Andy has just turned thirty and is an incredibly successful magazine editor, working closely with her best friend Emily, another Runway survivor. She’s about to get married – life’s on track and she’s been careful to stay clear of Miranda Priestly, her dreadful first boss. But Andy’s luck is running out. Miranda Priestly isn’t the kind of woman who hides in the background.

She’s back… and more devilish than ever.



20130830-093541.jpg

Everyone's heard of the The Devil Wears Prada, either you've read the book, watched the film or both.

After an eagerly anticipated return Andy, Miranda and Co are back and along with them comes new love interests, work ventures and style.

In Revenge Wears Prada Andy and Emily have moved on to a new venture, they run their own successful magazine, long gone are the Runway days of being ordered around.
But when you travel in the same circles as your previous employer, can you really forget the past!

The Devil Wears Prada was a great book, but for me the sequel is even better, I loved getting to see a different side to the majority of characters, reading about Andy and Emily's lives now they are in their 30's and being introduced to Max and Miles.
Andy is still a wonderful character to read about and with the personal journey she takes, she really does come into her own.

With the turn it took towards the end I found myself shocked, but this wasn't the only experience I had throughout the story.
I experienced some lovely laugh out loud moments, found myself cringing at things that were said and in one particular chapter my anger boiled over.

For a couple of days I was ensconced in the world of New York, attending functions, being stylish and hiding from Miranda Priestly.
On my journey to and from work, in my lunch, sat at home of an evening, I lived and breathed this book and when it ended I was left in a state of awe.

It's been years between the two books (10 I think) and Lauren Weisberger has brought the team back in style.

Invest in some Prada this season, Revenge Wears Prada

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment