Monday, 19 August 2013

The Misinterpretation of Tara Jupp

Country girl Tara is whisked off to ’60s London to become a star; there she is dressed, she is shown off at Chelsea parties, photographed by the best. She meets songwriters, singers, designers, and records her song.
And she falls in love – with two men. Behind the buzz and excitement of her success, the bitterness between her elder sister Lucy and her friend Matilda haunts Tara.
Their past friendship is broken and among the secrets and the strangeness of both their marriages, the past keeps on reappearing.



Tara Jupp is a country girl who is about to embark on an adventure in 1960's London.
Tara starts the book in Cornwall where she lives as the daughter of a Vicar, but is soon thrust into the London limelight following the discovery that she can sing.

Having not read 'The lost Art of Keeping Secrets' also by Eva Rice, I didn't know what to expect but when I closed that final page I was left in awe at what I can only describe as a truly BRILLIANT book.

With so many likable characters I found myself feeling part of the Jupp family, they all had something about them and I found them to be a well rounded family.
In particular I found Lucy Jupp to be a wonderful character to read about, she was the character I thought bought the best out in others.

However as with most stories there was a character who I found myself disliking and this character was Billy Laurier. Billy tried to change Tara. As where Lucy bought the best out in people, Billy hid those qualities.

My favourite character had to be Tara, she was so shy and her transformation was one that pulled me in and made for a riveting read.

I loved it!

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment