Monday, 19 August 2013

When I Fall In Love by a Miranda Dickinson

Elsie Maynard has a whole new life she never expected to have.

From inadvertently founding a choir like no other with former 80s rock star Woody Jensen, to daring to date again, Elsie steps out into an unknown future – a future that could include gorgeous designer Olly Hogarth, a man who seems intent on winning her heart. Overcoming problems, challenges and the occasional frustration – namely overconfident Torin Stewart who seems to be everywhere – Elsie believes she is making the most of her life.

But then a heartfelt request brings her to Paris – and the last item on a very important List.

Can Elsie take the final step and lay her past to rest? Join Elsie as she battles to start again, with the help of a disastrous, newly-formed singing group and her father and sister armed with dating hopefuls.



Miranda Dickinson brings us an emotional and heart warming tale that will have you reaching for the tissues.

Elsie Maynard is starting again after a difficult 18 months. Its time to face new challenges and keep a promise she made to someone very special.
But through keeping the promise Elsie will travel on a rollercoaster of emotions that will have us laughing, crying and smiling.

Join the wonderfully loveable characters of 'When I Fall in Love' as we experience Elsie starting over.

When an impromptu song at a local cafe brings former 80's rock star Woody into Elsie's life, little does she realise how much the choir the two of them are about to form will change her life.

Throughout the story we meet Elsie's lovely family and discover the close relationship she shares with her dad Jim and sisters Daisy and Guin.
As well as watch her form new friendships with members of the choir and then of course there is her steps back into the dating world with Olly and Torin.
And I don't want to forget Elsie's wonderful friend and boss Cher, who on several occasions left my mouth watering with her ice cream creations!

The story is set in Brighton and with the wonderful place descriptions at times I felt as though I was walking the streets of Brighton eating a Sundae and Cher creation.
I love Miranda's style of writing and found that within every page I was swept up in the story from Brighton to Paris I was there every step of the way.
Which probably explains why at times I was teary eyed.

I don't want to say anymore because one of the things that make this story so special is the secret within and bribe me all you like but I'm not telling you what that is.

I chose 'When I Fall in Love' for Inspiration Week because Elsie has experienced a painful past and throughout the book she challenges herself even if she is scared of what may happen.

C'est magnifique inspiration!

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment