Tuesday, 24 September 2013

Coco's Secret by Niamh Greene

Niamh Greene's new novel Coco's Secret is a deeply moving reinvention story that will be enjoyed by fans of the modern day fairytales of Cecelia Ahern. Throw in Niamh's unique brand of heart-warming storytelling and readers are in for a real treat.

Coco Swan has always been embarrassed by her name.

With a name like Coco, she thinks people expect her to be as exotic and glamorous as the famous designer, not an ordinary-looking small-town antiques dealer who could win an award for living cautiously.

But when a vintage Chanel handbag turns up in a box of worthless bric-a-brac, Coco's quiet world is turned upside down. Where did it come from? And is it just coincidence that it's the same bag Coco's late mother always wanted for her?

When Coco discovers a mysterious, decades-old letter hidden in the bag's lining, she sets off on a quest to piece together the story behind it, stumbling across secrets that span three generations as she goes.

Could the beautiful Chanel bag be about to teach Coco more than she wants to learn? Or will it show her just where her heart can take her if she lets it lead the way?




20130922-202809.jpg

When Coco discovers a vintage Chanel bag in the bottom of a box of junk she purchased at auction, it seems as though fate is delivering a message.
After all isn't this the bag her mum was always talking about.
But does fate plan on delivering more than just the message.....

I'm a big believer in fate and I am prone to buying a handbag or two (sadly not Chanel), so from the blurb alone I was excited to read this book and it didn't disappoint. If anything it excelled!

I LOVED this book!
It's the first Niamh Greene I've ever read and within the first few pages I was enthralled.

Packed full of wonderful characters I found myself laughing along with Ruth, teary eyed with Tatty, anxious with Mark and excited to find out the mystery behind the letter with Coco.
Coco was instantly relatable and I love the determination she showed in tracking down the truth!

As I read the last sentence I found myself smiling, I closed the book and stroked the Chanel bag on the cover, life delivers us messages in many forms and this book is one of them!

'Coco's Secret' is a beautifully written tale of fate, love and longing!


5/5

A big thank you to Penguin for sending me a copy to review!

1 comment:

  1. I'm halfway through this and quite enjoying it. I really like the fact that I have absolutely no idea where the story is going to go. Finally, a book that's not predictable!

    ReplyDelete