Monday, 9 September 2013

My Book Moment - This date......

When it comes to love, I am complete cynic! I gush over romantic films, books and other people's lives but when I think back over my love life, romance is definitely lacking.
I've often heard people talk about Mr Right, but so far I've only met Mr Lazy, Mr Bore, Mr Conceited and Mr I'm a complete A-hole, but I live in hope that one day Mr Right will awake from his coma or be released from prison (ok so the hopes tinged with pessimism)

But the one thing that keeps me optimistic is the love that I see daily in my parents.
When i was little i thought it was funny that some adults would refer to their other half, I could see two legs, two arms, so where was the missing half?
But then I saw my dad spend a night without my mum and vice versa and that's when it clicked, they complete each other.



20130829-212340.jpg

My dad will tell you that he knew the moment he met my mum, that she was the woman for him, the one he would marry, in fact he told her so that very night.
My mum will say she thought maybe he'd had too much to drink and was talking a load of nonsense,
As it happened my dad was right and after a whirlwind courtship, my parents were married, within 9 months of meeting each other.

I read about love weekly and I gush at the happy endings characters get but one of the best love stories for me, is the one that means I'm here typing this, the one that pulled my parents together.

So today I wanted to share this with you because whilst I'm sunning myself in Turkey, my parents are at home celebrating 35 years of marriage.
And I wanted to say
Happy anniversary to the best parents I could ever have hoped for, have a truly amazing day, because believe me when I say, you deserve it.
Love you always and forever'





20130829-212811.jpg

3 comments:

  1. Aww! How lovely!! I'm sure one day we will both find our "other halves", Kirsty. Happy Anniversary to your Mum and Dad and here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a lovely story! Happy anniversary to your parents! :D

    ReplyDelete