Wednesday, 25 September 2013

My Liebster Award: My nominations

The lovely Emily from 'ow Am Yau? nominated me for the Liebster award about a week ago and I apologise profusely to Emily for taking so much time to get this post up.
The only excuses I have is that I've been reading and googling hot men!

.

20130925-113325.jpg

Then yesterday Emma from Chicklit vs Fantasy also nominated for the Liebster award, so I stopped googling Ryan Gosling, Tom Hardy and co and decided to get my post done.
What I'm going to do is combine the two and answer all questions in one post.

A huge thanks to both lovely ladies for thinking of me and my blog when they received their nominations, I'm very honoured to receive this, thank you!



20130925-100700.jpg

So what is the Liebster Award you ask?
The idea behind the award is to give bloggers the opportunity to build their community and get to know one another. It’s the perfect way to meet new people and let them find out some interesting facts about you.

Okay, so here are the rules:
Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
Nominate up to 10 other bloggers for this award.
Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them

Emily asked me:

What was the first CD you ever bought?
I've been thinking about this and I honestly can't remember, that's terrible isn't it!

If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be
Cheese!

Who was your favourite teacher at school and why?
Mr Targett my primary school teacher, such an amazing teacher who encouraged my love of books and writing. At that age I was always writing poems and short stories.

If your life was made into a movie what genre would it be? (i.e. rom com, thriller, horror)It would be hard to classify, if we were working off my love life it would be a comedy!

What’s the tackiest thing you’ve ever bought while on holiday, either for yourself or as a gift?
I bought an I love Turkiye hat! I love that hat, but several people said it was tacky. Until Gok Wan tells me so, I don't care!

20130925-102737.jpg

What animal do you think most reflects your personality the best? (or, the way I wanted to phrase this question: a) what would your patronus be, and b) what form would your daemon take?)
My Patronus would be a dog (stop your laughing) I'm loyal and friendly but if you do something against someone I care about, you will get my back up.
And my daemon would be a hare, The HARE DAEMON represents your passive, kindhearted, and honorable nature. Though you are occasionally shy with new people, friends admire your unshakable tranquility, even in the face of chaos. (Ok so I took a google test for b)

Last thing you saw at the theatre?
The wizard of oz

Have you ever had a crush on an embarrassing or inappropriate celebrity?
I used to love 'Waking the Dead' and developed a bit if a crush on Trevor Eve.

What’s in your pocket right now?
A tissue.

Say you wake up tomorrow morning to find you’re invisible. What’s the first thing you do?

Find the nearest hot guys house and head into his shower.

Emma asked me:

Who is your favourite author and why?
I've many authors who I love to read. It's impossible to narrow it down to one. Sorry!

Who is your favourite book boyfriend?
Jacques from Winter Wonderland, I love that man.

What’s your favourite place in the world?
Again it's really tough, I live in the Midlands & I love where I'm from but my dads family are from Scotland and I feel so at home when I'm in Scotland.
But I also love Calis which is in Turkey, I like me when I'm in Calis.

Where do you love to read?
Lounging on my bed.

You can only read 3 books for the rest of your life, what would they be?
1) Summer Sisters by Judy Blume
2) Winter Wonderland by Belinda Jones
3) The Life List by Lori Nelson Spielman

There were so many books running through my head, but I picked these because
1) This is a book I often re-read and still learn from.
2) It's got my book boyfriend in it and it's such a wonderful book
3) This will remind me of all the things I want to do.

What is your favourite drink (alcoholic and non)?
I love cocktails and wine.
I also love cranberry flavoured drinks, with or without vodka and archers.

What’s your comfort food?
Nutella on toast.

If you have had a bad day what do you do to cheer yourself up?
Read or listen to some upbeat music.

What is your favourite picture?


20130925-112303.jpg

What is your most prized possession?
Probably my phone, it's got so much of my life on it. Books, pictures, emails & the ability to stay in touch with friends all over the world.

Now it's my turn, I nominate;

http://readinginthesunshine.wordpress.com/
http://shelovestoread.weebly.com/
https://victorialovesbooks.wordpress.com/
http://Tishylou.wordpress.com
http://fairytaleendingbookreviews.wordpress.com
http://amandanason-keepingupappearances.blogspot.co.uk/


The 10 questions I'm asking are:

1) What quote do you think everyone should know?
2) Describe your ideal Saturday?
3) What do you thank your blog for?
4) What's the best book you've read that's also been a great movie?
5) It's time to create a cocktail for your blog, what's in it?
6) What's your favourite season and why?
7) Twitter or Facebook?
8) If you could be cast in any movie, what would it be and why ?
9) Sweet or savoury?
10) Post a picture of one of your favourite celebrities.

So there you have it, my answers and nominations.

Thank you once again Emily and Emma. I hope everyone reading this likes my answers and to my nominees have fun.

Xx

1 comment:

  1. […] idea behind the award is to give bloggers the opportunity to build their community and get to know one another. It’s the perfect way to meet new people and let […]

    ReplyDelete