Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Take A Look At Me Now by Miranda Dickinson

How far would you go to make a new start? Heart-warming and romantic, Take a Look at Me Now will make you laugh, cry and cheer Nell on from start to finish.

What a difference a day makes…

Nell Sullivan has always been known as ‘Miss Five-Year Plan’. But when she finds herself jobless and newly single on the same day, Nell decides it is time to stop planning and start taking chances.

Nell blows her redundancy cheque on a trip of lifetime to a place where anything is possible – San Francisco. There she meets a host of colourful characters, including the intriguing and gorgeous Max. Very soon the city begins to feel like Nell’s second home.

But when it’s time to return to London, will she leave the ‘new Nell’ behind? And can the magic of San Francisco continue to sparkle thousands of miles away?



20131018-185705.jpg


I love it when a book speaks to the heart, mind and soul and Take A Look At Me Now definitely does that!

I LOVE THIS BOOK! I love everything about it, from the beautiful cover, to the wondrous characters and the message it delivers and as I said on twitter after 'everybody needs this book'
There is something reaffirming about a story that shows how life changing spontaneity can be and that following your dreams can change not just your life but your whole outlook on things,

I always find Miranda's characters easy to relate to and that's because Miranda writes her characters with such passion, that you can feel everything they are going through.

I'm sorry Romily but Nell has became my favourite Miranda Dickinson character, she is amazing, if I could make her my best friend, I would.
But I couldn't take her away from Vicky, now Vicky she's funny and Ryan Gosling obsessed (something I can completely understand), she is also a wonderful friend to Nell.
And as with real life Nell's friends come in many forms, like Annie the feisty diner owner, cousin and friend Lizzie and fabulous elderly couple the Alfaros, oh how I wish they were my neighbours, lucky Max!
And speaking of Max, he sounds gorgeous, if all men in San Francisco are like him, I'm booking a plane ticket straight away.

Oh who am I kidding, after reading this book I want to go to San Francisco anyway, with the wonderful descriptions I could almost taste the food and see the Golden Gate Bridge.
I was completely captivated by this book, my imagination was consumed and when it ended I was lost, I missed the characters, I missed the words, I missed it all!
The best way to sum it up is with the following quote:

“Sometimes you read a book so special that you want to carry it around with you for months after you've finished just to stay near it.”
― Markus Zusak


For me this book is life changing, it brings home that you should always be true to yourself and follow your happiness!

5/5

I would like to thank Sammie at Avon for sending me a copy to review.




20131019-123129.jpg

3 comments:

  1. I got my free copy too and I am HOOKED! A great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya girl! from the moment you said this book is life changing I've been dying to read your review. And what a wonderful review it it!!! I'm so so happy you enjoyed it, Miranda is wonderful and I bet I won't be disappointed in this book, like so many of you who've already read it. Thanks for sharing your lovely review and see you in twitterland:) XX

    ReplyDelete