Saturday, 23 November 2013

A-Z Book Survey

The fantastic Megan from http://readinginthesunshine.wordpress.com/ tagged me in the, A-Z Book Survey.

It's took me a while to respond (sorry) but here are my answers:


Author You’ve Read The Most Books Of: Belinda Jones, I've read all of Belinda's books and often re-read them (well when the TBR pile allows)

Best Sequel Ever: I love the I Heart Series by Lindsey Kelk. With every book I love the characters even more and after I Heart New York, I never thought that could be possible!

Currently Reading: I've literally just finished reading a Christmas novella, Spirits of Christmas by Nicky Wells.

Drink Of Choice While Reading: It has to be a lovely cup of tea and not just any tea, it's got to be Yorkshire tea!

eReader or Physical Book: I did love my kindle for taking on holiday and was often found with a physical book and my kindle on me, but after suffering with an excessive amount of headaches, I've gone back to reading just physical books.
You can't beat the smell and touch of a physical book.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School: I've always gone for bad boys, guys that scream 'I'm a player' so I guess it would be Gideon Cross!

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance: Perfect Ruin by Lauren Destefano. This is a wonderful story that is classed as the Dystopian genre and up until this book I'd never read anything like it.
I'm so glad I read this, it really was captivating!

Hidden Gem Book: Summer Sisters by Judy Blume, there's something so beautiful about this tale of friendship and growth that even after many years I still find myself learning from it.

Important Moment In Your Reading Life: Divas Las Vegas by Belinda Jones, the book that fuelled my dream to visit Las Vegas but also introduced me to a genre that I love. This will always be one of my special books!
My poor copy has a cracked spine and its pages are turning that yellow tinge. It's very well read!
Please don't take that to mean battered, it's well loved and takes pride of place on one of the bookcases in my room.

Just Finished: I mentioned earlier the novella that I finished but before that i had read In Bloom by Matthew Crow.

Kinds Of Books You Won’t Read: I'm quite open in respect of what I read but I do have to be really pulled in by a blurb to read a historical book.

Longest Book: it's probably The Order of The Phoenix, I think that's the longest in the Harry Potter series. It's also my favourite out of the seven books, although all of them are absolutely amazing.

Major Book Hangover: Take A Look At Me Now by Miranda Dickinson. I absolutely love this book, it left me lost for days, nothing could pull me out of the lull I was in.

Number of Bookcases You Own: I've two mini bookcases (3 shelves on each) in my bedroom and I've taken over the 4 in the living room.
One day I will have a library like in Beauty and the Beast.



20131122-202413.jpg

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times: Mondays Child by Louise Bagshawe. I love Anna and Mark Swan, I love their personalities and real ness. I'm still to this day, extremely jealous of Anna's Job!

Preferred Place To Read: I love lounging on my bed reading, when I go upstairs of a night I sink into my pillows, pull up my duvet and settle down with my current read.
I also love reading on a Sunlounger in Turkey!

Quote That Inspires You/Gives You All The Feels From A Book You’ve Read: There are so many quotes that I love but I'm going to go with 'Books are a uniquely portable magic' by Stephen King.

Reading Regret: I've not read any Jane Austen and I will rectify this, I recently read A Gift to Remember by Melissa Hill and the main character Darcy loves Austen novels!

Series You Started And Need To Finish: My minds gone blank now, I can't actually think of a series I'm currently reading. All the books I read that are part of a series, I'm up to date with.

Three Of Your All-Time Favourite Books: Summer Sisters by Judy Blume, Take A Look At Me Now by Miranda Dickinson and Divas Las Vegas by Belinda Jones.

Unapologetic Fangirl For: Belinda Jones, Miranda Dickinson, Scarlett Bailey/Rowan Coleman, Lindsey Kelk, Alexandra Brown, Lucy Lord, Lauren Weisberger and Cecelia Ahern.

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others: The second book in The Sentinel Series by Holly Martin, what's going to happen to Eve, Seth, Eli, Quinn and co???

Worst Bookish Habit: I don't like ugly covers, terrible isn't it?
I really do judge a book by its cover.
Now, if I'm sent information for a book, I try to read the blurb before seeing the cover.

X Marks The Spot: Start At The Top Left Of Your Shelf And Pick The 27th Book:
Ferney by James Long, I've not read this yet it's actually on my TBR bookcase along with The Lives She a Left Behind which I think is the follow on.

Your Latest Book Purchase: I got some as presents but for myself I got some Christmas reads.

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late): The Proposal by Tasmina Perry, such a beautiful story!




20131122-203001.jpg

3 comments:

  1. I love this. Smart idea to get readers and book reviewers to think about what they have read. Good reading to. My TBR list us now even longer because of this lovely survey. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.
    It was great fun doing it and definitely got me thinking x

    ReplyDelete