Thursday, 21 November 2013

I Heart Christmas by Lindsey Kelk

Angela’s planning her very own fairytale of New York…

Angela’s planning her very own fairytale of New York…

• Enormous Christmas tree
• Eggnog
• Eccentric British traditions
• Gorgeous man

But Santa’s throwing her a few curveballs – new job (as if it’s not mental enough already), new baby-craze from her best friend Jenny, and Alex determined they should grow up and settle down. Once friends start turning up uninvited on her doorstep (and leading her astray), can Angela really have a merry little Christmas? So much for happy holidays – something’s got to give…



20131116-212748.jpg

New York, Christmas and the wonderful words of Lindsey Kelk, I think Santa got my letter early this year!

I Heart Christmas, sees the return of Angela, Alex, Jenny & co and oh how I've missed them.
It really was like being reunited with old friends, crazy friends who love designer labels, junk food and filling my mind with wondrous images of New York, beautiful bags, shoes and shorts!

It's not just the gang who return in I Heart Christmas as we also see the return of Cici and James, both of whom add some sparks to the story.
And then there's Louisa and Grace, I just love the young toddler Grace, through her we are able to see other sides to some of our favourite characters.

I didn't think it was possible, but hold on to your hats, ladies and gents because Alex has got HOTTER!
And by the end of the story I was torn between high-5ing Angela for how awesome she is or pushing her out of the way to steal her man!
But in the end my head ruled my heart and I remembered how over 6 books, I've enjoyed following their relationship and gushing over the love they share, so Alex will always be Angela's!

Fun loving, crazy imaginative Angela, with every book I relate to her in a different way and this was no exception.
Admittedly I lust after her worldly belongings, man and friends but Angela has a strength that she cannot see and that comes in this book!

When I turned the last page and said goodbye to them at Christmas, i felt a loss, a hangover left from words.
Thankfully the Christmas guide helped and after several candy cane martinis I was smiling again and preparing for a different type of hangover.

Thank you Lindsey for starting Christmas early and letting us share it, with friends!


A huge thank you to Blaise at James Grant who sent me a copy to review



20131116-213210.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment