Wednesday, 11 December 2013

Christmas at Carrington's by Alexandra Brown

A deliciously indulgent read and the follow up to Cupcakes at Carrington’s. Set in Carrington’s Department Store this is perfect for fans of Jenny Colgan.

Georgie Hart loves Christmas time at Carrington’s Department store. Running the luxury handbag department, Georgie adores helping customers in the hunt for the perfect gift, for the perfect someone. And this year is no exception – now she has the hunky Tom, Mr Carrington himself, to spend the special day with.

But when Tom springs a surprise, Georgie’s plans are thrown into chaos. Carrington’s is getting a fresh lease of life in a hot new reality TV show, featuring formidable retail guru, Kelly Cooper.

As the first show airs, Georgie is shown in a far from flattering light. Worse is to come when Kelly’s vile daughter appears to get her claws into Tom. Georgie fears this will be the worst Christmas ever, but Santa still has a little surprise for her stocking this year – she’ll just have to wait until Christmas to find out…


20131208-182432.jpg


It's nearing Christmas in Mulberry on Sea and to pull in some new customers, Carrington's is entering the realms of reality TV.
You thought TOWIE was shocking, you haven't seen anything yet!

Let's be honest, I was expecting wonderful things from Christmas at Carrington's and Alexandra Brown delivered so much more!

There's something wondrous about a book that can pull you in and have not just your mind, but your emotions submerged within the pages.
Alexandra Brown has such a wonderfully descriptive way with words, that means you soon find yourself lost in the world of Carrington's.
I found myself lusting after bags and purses, whilst my mouth was watering at the thought of the delicious cakes created by Sam.
And when I say my emotions were submerged, the biggest test of this was when, I felt myself wanting to jump into the pages and slap a character.
Such a nasty piece of work, with a vile mind and mouth!

With thanks to Eddie's flamboyant side, Georgie's love life, Sam's personal life and Tom's gorgeousness, this book kept me gripped for hours.
I always wanted one more chapter and as I turned the last page and found myself leaving behind the store, I was left
eagerly awaiting the opening of Carrington's next year and more so after that epilogue (wow)!

It's fabulous, festive and fun!

5/5

A big thank you to Jaime at Harper Collins for sending me a copy to review!

2 comments: