Friday, 13 December 2013

Connecting with Aven Ellis

Aven in her words:
I live in the Dallas area with my family. I enjoy clipping out recipes I will never get around to trying, working out, and chatting with friends on social media. I am particularly fond of British actors named Benedict and Henry. I love shopping and fashion and admit to being obsessed with whatever the Duchess of Cambridge is wearing. I am also obsessed with any show or cookbook featuring Gordon Ramsay.



20131208-181030.jpg

Your novel is called 'Connectivity' please could you tell me about it?
Connectivity is the story of Mary-Kate Grant (MK), a young woman pursuing her dream career in television. MK is all business—she will not allow time for romance in her life as she considers it a distraction from her goals. Enter William Cumberland, a British media mogul who owns the social media empire Connectivity. When he purchases the group of networks where MK works, her world is turned upside down in more ways than one. William has the ability to see right through her, and for the first time, MK questions if romance can have a place in her life after all…

'Connectivity' is about Mary-Kate Grant, please can you tell me about her?
MK is passionate about things she cares about. She’s smart, quick, and is not afraid to speak her mind. MK has an eye for interior design and loves cooking. And she is a complete klutz!



20131208-181112.jpg

Are any of the characters in 'Connectivity' anything like you?
Like MK, I work in sports television. And I love cooking, so I gave her the same passion I have for it.

If you could choose one book that you think everyone should read, what would it be and why?
My Life in France by Julia Child. This book changed my life! Julia had a zest for life and lived it full out. And her cooking career didn’t start until later in life—so it’s never too late to realize a dream!

What can we expect next, any future books in the pipeline?
Yes! Waiting For Prince Harry will be released in April 2014; Chronicles of a Lincoln Park Fashionista in Fall 2014, and I am writing the companion book to Fashionista now.

Please would you share who your 5 dream dinner party guests would be?
Actually, I would love to meet some of the bloggers I have met during the process of promoting Connectivity. I have truly been blessed by this experience in more ways than one, and I’d love to have a group of them around the dinner table with me.

Who would you like to find under the mistletoe?
Benedict Cumberbatch.



20131208-181717.jpg

With the new year looming, will you be making any resolutions?
I make them every year. Last year one of my resolutions was to submit Connectivity to a publishing house. And the first house I submitted it to bought it!

Quick fire questions:

Sweet or Savoury? Sweet! Even though I am trying to eat clean right now, I love dark chocolate, pastry, pumpkin pie…sorry, I digress. LOL.

Phone or computer? Computer.

Book or film? Film if Benedict Cumberbatch is in it. Otherwise a book!

Wine or water? Wine for a nice meal. I am on a guava coconut water kick right now though.

Twilight or True Blood? *swoons thinking about Eric* Neither. Not a vampire fan.

20131208-181758.jpg

Thank you so much Aven, for talking to 'The Love of a Good Book'

No comments:

Post a Comment