Tuesday, 4 February 2014

Jill Steeples: My Heart Belongs to....... (Anna's perspective)




20140131-193429.jpgToday sharing where her heart belongs, is Anna.
You can read about Anna in Let's Call the Whole Thing Off

Let's Call the Whole Thing Off is written by Jill Steeples.


Who does my heart belong to? Oh god, what a question! If you’d asked me a few days ago then there could only have been one answer to that one. My fiancĂ©, Ed, of course! He’s my soul-mate, the love of my life, the man I intended to marry and have lots of lovely children with. My whole future was mapped out like a Cath Kidston photo collage, full of impossibly cheerful moments in a perpetually sunny, floral vista. Only now… only now, well I can hardly bear to tell you what’s happened…
I was at home on Monday morning confirming some last minute arrangements for the wedding, when I stumbled across Sophie’s diary (she’s my flatmate and supposed best friend!). Okay, okay, I know!! But in my defence I was looking for my earrings and there it was on her bedside cabinet. I didn’t even know she kept a diary for goodness sake! Well, once I started reading I couldn’t stop, I could honestly not believe my eyes. I knew there must have been a man behind her recent moodiness but I had no idea it would be my man! I just couldn’t believe it. There’s still a small part of me that won’t believe it.
I just had to get away. Ben, bless his heart, took me to his place and I stayed there overnight. He said I could stay for a few days but after the incident in his bedroom with him pointing a shotgun at my naked body (that’s another story entirely) I felt I’d outstayed my welcome. I got on the first train out of there and ended up here in Hollisea. I’ve checked myself into the 5* grand hotel in a room overlooking the sea, but honestly my heart is breaking. How could Ed and Sophie do this to me just a few days before our wedding?
I found myself in a local pub last night and I met this bloke who was really sweet and later we went for a walk along the beach and yes, we snogged!!! I can only put it down to my delicate state of mind. I even agreed to see him again tonight, but honestly I don’t know the first thing about him. He could be a serial killer for all I know. Aargh.
I know I should go straight home and sort out the humungous mess that is my life, but I’m not sure I can face it. Ed is the love of my life, but now I don’t know what to do. Should I go home and hear his side of the story, the lying two-faced toe-rag, or should I just ‘Call the Whole Thing Off?’






20140131-193338.jpg
Jill Steeples writes short stories for the popular women's magazines and fun and flirty romances for Carina UK. When she's not writing she enjoys reading, walking, baking cakes, eating them and drinking wine. She lives in Bedfordshire with her husband and two children.
Jill's website http://www.jillsteeples.co.uk/index.html

A big thank you to Jill/Anna for sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment