Friday, 14 February 2014

Megan, My Heart Belongs to....



20140203-183004.jpg

Today the beautiful Megan is sharing with us where her heart belongs.
You can connect with Megan via Reading in the Sunshine


What does my heart belong to? I could say many things, those of you who know me will know I love to gush about all of my favourite things, such as books or Stephen or even Benedict Cumberbatch. But when I really think about what excites me, what stays in my heart and never ever goes away….my heart belongs to Disney.


20140211-154341.jpg
Ever since I can remember I’ve been the BIGGEST fan of anything Disney related. Even now my heart leaps and I squeal in delight at the news of a new Disney film being made and released. There’s something special about Disney that releases a rush of emotions and magical feelings of happiness and joy.


20140211-154956.jpg
Whenever I need it, Disney has ALWAYS been there for me, to pick me up when I’m down, to put a smile on my face and have me believing in fairytales and magic all over again.
If I wanted an adventure, Disney was there – with Disney movies it always felt as though I was part of the story. It was like I was flying over London and going off to Neverland with Peter Pan, then having duels with Captain Hook. I could ride on the magic carpet with Aladdin and I could go off to fight and be brave with Mulan.

20140211-154424.jpg
Most important of all, Disney taught me that there is such a thing as true love. I fell in love with the Disney Princes and how they’d do anything for their leading lady. I wanted someone who would fight for me, have daring swordfights, slay a dragon and sweep me off my feet and rescue me. I wanted chivalry, kindness and above all a love so strong and true that it could always win. I wanted true loves kiss, the kind that makes you feel like you’re floating on air and where there would be sparks and fireworks and that moment where you don’t notice anything around you because you have found your soulmate, your one destined love who you could ride off into the sunset with. Then I met and fell in love with Stephen, we had a fairytale wedding and just like Prince Charming he swept me off my feet.

20140211-154619.jpg
I have an ever-growing collection of Disney DVD’s, and Stephen and I always go to the cinema to see the latest release, and rush out on release day to buy the film and have an evening in watching it. I don’t tell anyone but I still dream of being a Disney Princess, with the beautiful dresses, a fairy Godmother on hand and with some wonderful moments of spontaneously bursting into song.

20140211-154742.jpg
And I hope one day when we have a family together, that they can experience the excitement and happiness of it growing up just like I did….and truly BELIEVE in the magic of Disney.


20140211-154811.jpg

A big thank you to Megan for sharing, I want to be a Disney princess too!

No comments:

Post a Comment