Saturday, 22 March 2014

Hayden’s guide to dating Do’s and Don’ts!

I am really excited to share with you today's guest post.
The Love of a Good Book, is pleased to reveal:


Hayden’s guide to dating Do’s and Don’ts!

Hey everyone, Hayden here. I just wanted to take the opportunity to write down a quick guide to dating in the city for all you single girls. Me? I’m chasing after some girl who’s still hung up on someone else. Note to self: put that in the dating guide. Manhattan’s a tough place, but I think I got it figured out when it comes to dating. I mean I’m not in a relationship, right now, but that’s completely by choice. You know? Anyway, here’s goes nothing.

1. Don’t talk about your ex the entire time. I got set up with this girl through a friend of mind, and it was very obvious she was still hung up on her ex. She talked about him nearly the entire time and then proceeded to tell me she didn’t know if she wanted to ever date again. So what do you do in this situation? My advice would be to back off for a little while. Maybe a few months. Coincidentally this girl went on a trip and was out of sight for a good amount of time. I got back in touch with her when she came back, and she hasn’t talked about her ex once! Finger’s crossed, I think she might be ready for her next relationship!

2. Don’t date people in your own field of work. It’s just not a good idea! You see them all of the time in their work environment, which is stressful enough without the added pressure of keeping up with them. Whether you like it or not, it becomes a competition. Like say, if you’re both in a graduate program. You definitely should not date someone in the same program as you. Date someone in a completely different line of work, like finance for example.

3. Take them someone they’ve never been before. The city is so big, so if you know the guy or girl you like is always hanging out in the village (for example) take them someplace new that they’ve never been to in a different part of town.

4. Don’t double date with a friend who’s kind of a jerk. I had this happen to me with my friend Bryce. Sorry buddy, but you were a total jerk that night. His attitude soured the entire evening! If you’re going to double date make sure it’s with someone happy and upbeat, but not more attractive than you are.

5. Always offer to pay if you’re the guy, and be graciously thankful if you’re the woman. Look, I know it’s not 1954 anymore, but it’s just how I was raised. If you’re working full time and the girl you like isn’t, like say she’s in grad school (or something) pay for her tab when you two go out. It’s the right thing to do.

A big thank you to Hayden (Jill) for writing a great guide.

You can read about Hayden in 'Chase' by Jill Knapp, a native New Yorker.

Jill is the author of the Chase series (New Adult/ Women's Fiction) and a former adjunct professor of Psychology at her Alma Mater Kean University. A regular contributor to the Huffington Post, Knapp reports on entertainment, relationships and the differences between city and suburban lifestyles. She received a Masters in Psychology from the New School For Social Research in Manhattan.




20131217-194540.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment