Tuesday, 25 March 2014

The Chocolate Book Tag

I was tagged by the beautiful Laura from She Loves To Read; you can read her post here!



20140323-185039.jpg

The idea of this tag is to match books with a certain type of chocolate! And since I'm from Birmingham I have a lot to live up to.

1.Dark chocolate: a book that covers a dark topic.
Unravelling Oliver by Liz Nugent.


20140323-181211.jpg
This story covers a variety of topics and the blurb itself is dark 'I expected more of a reaction the first time I hit her.'
It's a thought provoking read and a brilliant debut!

2.White chocolate: your favourite light hearted/humorous read.
Twelve Dates of Christmas by Lisa Dickinson


20140323-181744.jpg
This is wonderful and witty series of novellas, released just before Christmas but definitely a read to life your spirits whatever the season.

3.Milk chocolate: a book that has a lot of hype that you're dying to read.
Half Bad by Sally Green


20140323-182145.jpg
It's been described as a YA supernatural thriller.
That description alone had me sold but add to that, the fact my friends love it and that it features dinners. #excited

4. Chocolate with a caramel centre: a book that made you feel all gooey in the middle while you were reading it.
A Little Love by Amanda Prowse


20140323-182805.jpg
Thus is a beautiful story that proves love can happen at any age. This book made me feel hopeful.

5. Wafer free kit kat: name a book that has surprised you lately.
Keep Your Friends Close by Paula Daly


20140323-190405.jpg</a
This story pulled me in and kept me captivated but the surprise within the pages was the ending. WHAT AN ENDING!

6. Snickers: a book that you are going nuts about.
Spaghetti with the Yetti


20140323-183757.jpg
Yes it's a children's read, but I love this book!
I bought this to read with my niece, it's funny and the illustrations are fantastic.
We love reading it together.
I recommend this to anyone who has children in their lives.

7. Hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows: a book that you would turn to for a comfort read.
Take A Look At Me Now by Miranda Dickinson


20140323-190116.jpg
This is THE book, this book fils me with the confidence to take chances, the knowledge that you can turn things around and the excitement to travel and challenge myself.
I have so much love for this book!

8. Box of chocolates: what series have you read that you feel has a wide variety and something for everyone?
Harry Potter by JK Rowling


20140323-184647.jpg
I've loved these books for years, I remember the first time I read The Philosophers Stone, the feeling if wonderment and excitement of what was to come.
That feeling still comes every time I read these books and if you haven't read them, you really should.


I tag the following people (not sure if they’ve already been tagged)
Reading in the Sunshine
Victoria Loves Books
I Heart..Chick Lit
LeeLee Loves
Eve's Chick Lit Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment