Friday, 4 April 2014

To Tell a Tale or Two by Kelly Florentia

Blurb:
A collection of ten contemporary short stories about love, betrayal and family drama, all with a subtle twist!

Ideal for fans of chick-lit, these ten minute reads will take you through the pain of infidelity to the heartache of letting go of someone you love, the lightheartedness of speed dating to the chill of an encounter with a ghost.

Can Rebecca forgive her husband for a drunken one night stand? Find out in Band of Gold. How does Jan react when she comes face to face with her psychic lover after fifteen-years? All is revealed in Waiting for Daisy. And just how did Rob end up in a pool of blood at his wife's feet? A Passionate Crime discloses all.

Enjoy these bite sized tales during a coffee break, with a glass of wine in the evening or as a quick bedtime read.



20140315-122026.jpg

My thoughts:
Through this collection of 10 short stories you get a feel for the writing style of Kelly Florentia and are left wanting more.
Each short story has a twist that the reader won't see coming and an ease with words that will consume you.

Every story was told well but for me my favourites were the ones set in Greece, I love stories that's pull me from my hometown and transport me to a warmer climate, where I can feel the sun on my face and hear the waves in the distance. And these certainly did that, my only criticism, I wish they were longer.

I hope we will see more from Kelly, maybe with more to tell from the characters of 'To Tell a Tale or Two' or maybe completely different characters. One things for you sure I'm excited to read what's coming next!

5/5

I would like to thank Kelly for sending me a copy to review.

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, yes - any stories which let me feel the sunshine on my face and make me smile will be winners with me! Kelly's are definitely winners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Stuff!!!
    I cant wait for more work form Kelly. Easy reading whenever you want to get away from it for a few moments but lets see a novel or more to really get out teeth into Kelly's work and go on that wonderful journey with her and her characters.

    ReplyDelete