Thursday, 1 May 2014

Announcing a new feature: Throwback Thursday

20140430-172216.jpg

Growing up I had many favourite books as a child and now that I have a niece I find myself buying her some of the books that captivated me in childhood, stories that I hope she will find as fascinating as I did.
But whilst revisiting my childhood books, I found myself wondering what if they have lost the magic?

I recently purchased a copy of revolting rhymes for my niece, I had forgotten what age I was when I first discovered this book and thought it would be great for my 4 year old niece, I now realise having read it again that it is definitely one that we need to wait to read together, until a few choice words have entered her vocabulary maybe.
Thankfully the magic of Dahl is timeless and I still loved the book, so until my niece is old enough, it remains on my shelf.

The truth is I am enjoying revisiting my favourite books but I am nervous too, not only do I hope that my niece will love them as much as I did but I also long for the magic to still exist for me.

A few weeks ago I was discussing childhood reads with a friend and it seems I am not the only one who feels this way, which I why I decided to have Throwback Thursdays, a chance for people to discuss their favourite reads as a child, some people will re-read and review theirs, others will share with you the excitement they felt as a child.

Every Thursday someone will share with you their ‘Throwback Thursday' read.

I have just ordered myself a copy of ‘Room 13’ by Robert Swindells, I remember reading this as a child and thinking how creepy and exciting it was, I guess we will have to wait and see what I think of it now.

Next week Shaun is sharing his ‘Throwback Thursday Read'


If you would like to take part in Throwback Thursday please drop me an email on loveofagoodbook@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment