Monday, 5 May 2014

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Blurb:

Suffering from Fifty Shades withdrawal symptoms? Then meet Travis...Good Girl. Abby Abernathy doesn't drink or swear and she works hard. Abby believes she has created enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college, her dreams of a new beginning are quickly challenged by the university's walking one-night stand. Bad Boy. Travis Maddox, handsome, built, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs - and wants - to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight club, and his days as the notorious college Lothario. A disaster waiting to happen...Intrigued by Abby's resistance to his charms, Travis tricks her into his life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain celibate for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis' apartment for the same amount of time. Or the start of something beautiful? Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match. Or that this is the start of an obsessive, intense relationship that will lead them both into unimaginable territory...



20140403-174920.jpg

My Thoughts:

When Travis meets Abby, their connection is evident. The spark that ignites at that first encounter gets brighter every time they are around each other.
But the thing with Sparks, they can be explosive!

I was up until 4am reading this gripping story, every-time I put the book down I found myself instantly picking it back up.
I have my friend Victoria to thank for getting me to read 'Beautiful Disaster' and for sharing Travis with me.
You can read Victoria's incredible review here

Never before have I found myself so enchanted by a love that is raw with passion and intensity. A love that one day I hope to have.

Through the narrative of Abby, you pay privy to her relationship with Travis. I loved Travis, yes he is flawed, but there is no denying the love and intense emotions that he has for Abby.
I did on occasions wonder if she felt the same for him, there is no denying that they loved each other but sometimes Abby came across as petulant.

I didn't want this story to end, I wanted to live in their world forever, to be surrounded by an all consuming love that wrapped itself around my heart and wouldn't let go!





20140504-215904.jpg

2 comments:

  1. […] I practically FORCED my darling friend Kirsty to read this book so please do check out her review here! […]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this review Kirsty and I'm so pleased you loved it as much as I did. I now can't wait for you to read the next one. Because its so SO much better from Travis's point of view. Xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete