Saturday, 17 May 2014

No-One Ever Has Sex on a Tuesday by Tracy Bloom

Blurb

Never has a one-night stand led to such chaos!

Childhood sweethearts Matthew and Katy agree they must never see each other again after they end up in bed together following a school re-union. So all is forgotten... until eight months later when a shock meeting at an antenatal class forces them to confront the fact that Matthew could be the father of Katy's baby. Oblivious to the mayhem unfolding, Matthew's highly-strung wife frets over giving birth to twins and Katy’s much younger boyfriend refuses to take fatherhood seriously.

Love and life are messy but Katy and Matthew take things to a whole new level as deep emotions begin to resurface and hormones run riot.

How will they navigate their way through this almighty cock-up?



20140504-200438.jpg

I would like to thank Rose at Random House for sending me a copy to review

My Thoughts

With all the hype surrounding No-One Ever a Has Sex on a Tuesday, I was really excited to start reading the story.

Katy and Matthew were childhood sweethearts, until they went off to university and Katy caught Matthew in bed with someone else.
Ten years later, the pair find themselves at a school reunion.
Thinking a night together might draw a line under the past, Katy is left in shock with the discovery that her and Matthew are now expecting.
But if it wasn't complicated enough, Matthew is married and Katy has boyfriend Ben.

The premise of the story is great and the way the story explores Matthew and his wife Alison having problems conceiving, adds a depth to what I thought was going to be just a funny read.

The truth is though, I felt like I didn't really connect to the characters and although at times I laughed with them, I closed the book feeling as though they were just words on the page, there was no realness about them for me.

I don't know why me and the book didn't click, I feel bad that I didn't enjoy it as much as I believed I would, but I wan't to say, this is just my personal opinion and with the hype surrounding the book it's worth reading and discovering for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment