Friday, 2 May 2014

The BLOGGER get to know me tag!

Welcome to the blogger get to know me tag!
This tag was created by the gorgeous Laura over at She Loves To Read

I was tagged in it by the beautiful Megan over at Reading in the Sunshine

GET TO KNOW ME:


20140501-194939.jpg

Tell us five random facts about yourself:
Number One: Three of my best friends I have never met, yet I speak to them every day without fail and have done for nearly a year.
Number Two: I have three tattoos and I love them, they are all hugely significant to my life and there is a story behind them all (and it wasn’t I stumbled drunk into a tattoo parlour)


20140501-194324.jpg
Number Three: I use the word amazing, a lot and I really don’t like the word nice. To me it’s a non descriptive word!
Number Four: I once broke my leg falling down 3 steps , convinced it was a sprain I went out for the night and wondered why I couldn't run for the taxi when coming home!
Number Five: When I'm not buying books I'm buying dresses!

When is your birthday?
My birthday is in October and I love the fact that I have an autumnal birthday.
One of the best things about my birthday is that it sometimes falls on the day the clocks go back, meaning that I am lucky enough to have a 25 hour birthday!

What is your favourite colour?
I love the colour pink, growing up I hated that colour and then one day it was as though a switch was flicked and suddenly everything I purchased was pink.


20140501-194544.jpg

What is your favourite memory?
I was looking after my brother and sister in laws house and dog, whilst they were at hospital waiting for my niece to be born.
I remember the call saying that she had been born and I remember waiting up for my brother to get in and as he walked through the door, he had the biggest smile, he looked at me and said ‘I am dad’ my heart swelled as he described my niece to me, this beautiful little girl who was going to change all of our lives and make the world look brighter.

Describe a day in your life......
My current day looks like this,

I wake up around 6:30 and read for a bit, I then get myself ready and come down the stairs for 7:30, where I switch on my works laptop and pin in for the day.
I then work until 12:30 and log off.
Afterwards, I grab something to eat and respond to my personal and blog emails.
Then I will do my physio and read.

My days look very different when I am working and walking without crutches, but they always involve books.

Name five of your favourite songs...
Stronger – Kelly Clarkson
I Swear – All 4 One
A Song for Momma - Boyz ll Men
Try - Pink
True Colours - Cyndi Lauper

If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Oddly enough this wasn’t a hard question, it would be CHEESE.
When I first got really ill with what turned out to be Coeliac disease , I couldn’t stomach food for ages and then one day I had a craving for cheese and I tried a piece, cheese has never tasted so good.
For weeks cheese became the only food I could eat, only a few pieces a day, but I can’t tell you what a relief it was to be able to eat something at last.


20140501-211604.jpg

What is something you really dislike?
Lies!


20140501-194735.jpg

Summer or winter?
Summer, I love dresses and I love lounging in the garden with a book whilst working on my tan.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?
Those that know me and follow the blog, will find this comes as no surprise.
I would love to live in Turkey: This is the place where I am me, the place where I discovered me.


20140501-193238.jpg

Name five of your favourite films?
Mystic Pizza
Harry Potter 1-8
Love Actually
Beauty and the Beast
Dirty Dancing

If you won the lottery what would you buy?
The first thing I would do is make sure that my parents and brother have new houses, cars etc.
Then I would go to Turkey and make my dream of living there come true, I would live there for 6 months of the year and come back to my apartment here for Christmas and loved ones birthdays, times where family should be together.
And of course I will make sure both of my homes have the library that I long for.


20140501-192934.jpg

Favourite day of the week...
SATURDAY, I love Saturday, the day where the work week is behind you and you know that there is another chance to sleep in and relax.
A day of possibilities.

What three things would you take to a desert island?
Family, a plane and a pilot.

Sweet or savoury?
This question was really hard, I do have a sweet tooth but at the same time I love roast dinners and cheese. I guess it would be savoury.

Early bird or a night owl?
I am an early bird, I am definitely my most productive of a morning which is why I like to start work early. Although I will admit when I an in Turkey I am a night owl but the early bird in me still has me up at the usual time, meaning that I have been known to have two hours sleep some days.


20140501-192414.jpg

Name five of your favourite books:
Divas Las Vegas by Belinda Jones
Summer Sisters by Judy Blume
About a Girl by Lindsey Kelk
Harry Potter (1-7)
Winter wonderland by Belinda Jones

Favourite Drink?
I love a cup of Yorkshire tea, I have to start my day with a cup of tea but I am also partial to a cocktail and a glass of wine (not in the mornings I might add)


20140501-192628.jpg

Favourite animal?
I love dogs, I love how loyal they are, they aren’t just mans best friends, they can be WOmans best friend too.


20140501-210041.jpg


I tag:
@Mungle
@tishylou
@katey5678
@bookaddictshaun
@erinschoicee
@Cometbabe

No comments:

Post a Comment