Wednesday, 25 June 2014

Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuire

Blurb:

The Beautiful Disaster phenomenon continues in the first heart-pounding new adult romance in The Maddox Brothers series. Fiercely independent Camille "Cami" Camlin gladly moved on from her childhood before it was over. She has held down a job since before she could drive, and moved into her own apartment after her freshman year of college. Now tending bar at The Red Door, Cami doesn't have time for much else besides work and classes, until a trip to see her boyfriend is cancelled, leaving her with her first weekend off in almost a year. Trenton Maddox was the king of Eastern State University, dating co-eds before he even graduated high school. His friends wanted to be him, and women wanted to tame him, but after a tragic accident turned his world upside down, Trenton leaves campus to come to grips with the crushing guilt. Eighteen months later, Trenton is living at home with his widower father, and works full-time at a local tattoo parlour to help with the bills. Just when he thinks his life is returning to normal, he notices Cami sitting alone at a table at The Red. As the baby sister of four rowdy brothers, Cami believes she'll have no problem keeping her new friendship with Trenton Maddox strictly platonic. But when a Maddox boy falls in love, he loves forever - even if she is the only reason their already broken family could fall apart. In the first instalment of The Maddox Brothers series, readers can experience the rush of reading Beautiful Disaster for the first time, all over again.



20140622-204306-74586512.jpg

I would like to thank my gorgeous best friend Victoria for allowing me to borrow her copy, she is the best!

My Thoughts:

Beautiful Oblivion follows Trenton Maddox as he declares his love for barmaid Camille Camlin.
It's a trait with those Maddox boys, when they love, they love with all their heart and won't let their women go.
But Cami's life is complicated, her family are messed up and then there's the fact that Cami is already in a relationship!

I'm writing this with a sense of disloyalty.

When I read Beautiful Disaster I fell in love with Travis Maddox but I'm now realising that it wasn't love, it was lust.
So it's with a heavy heart that I say SORRY Trav, but I'm in complete and utter crazy all consuming love with your brother Trenton!

I don't know where to start, part of me wants to threaten everyone reading Beautiful Oblivion, to tell you that Trent is mine. That he can have my body, heart and soul,
He can tattoo his name on my forehead and threaten anyone who talks to me.
But at the same time I realise that Cami is great for him, that although they are both messed up, they need each other.
So I'm going to let Cami keep him, but if she hurts him, HE IS MINE!

I think the reason I fell so hard for Trent, isn't just his tattoos, his body or his job. It's the way he is with Olive. A young girl who Trent looks after and clearly loves.
The chapters with her and him, warmed my heart. I just wanted to jump into the pages and hug them both.

There is a part in the story where Trent explains why the Maddox boys love like they do, I cried.
Hearing him say it, it broke my heart!

The truth is, I love Jamie McGuire and her books, every word she writes is filled with emotion, but I think Beautiful Oblivion is my favourite.

Although that being said JAMIE, PLEASE WRITE TRENTS STORY, to read his words, his emotions, his thoughts, would be incredible and I would willingly trade my first born (sorry future child, mummy needs this book)

There are so many incredible characters in this book and I won't lie, I'm pinning my hopes on lots of books following them all!
That's the thing I love most about Jamie McGuires books, every character feels real and leaves you wanting to know more about them.

So on my hands and knees, I beg you, please Lady, can I have some more!

[embed]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mak6lbVO5h1rwdpd3.gif[/embed]

No comments:

Post a Comment