Wednesday, 11 June 2014

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Blurb:

The explosive debut by No. 1 New York Times bestselling author Veronica Roth.

DIVERGENT – a major motion picture in 2014.

For sixteen-year-old Tris, the world changes in a heartbeat when she is forced to make a terrible choice. Turning her back on her family, Tris ventures out, alone, determined to find out where she truly belongs.

Shocked by the brutality of her new life, Tris can trust no one. And yet she is drawn to a boy who seems to both threaten and protect her. The hardest choices may yet lie ahead….

A debut novel that will leave you breathless.



20140403-175759.jpg

My Thoughts:

With Divergent recently hitting the big screen I was determined to read the book before watching the film,

The whole idea of the world being divided into five factions fascinated me, the thought of the human race dividing themselves by the traits they appreciate the most really intrigued me.
But most of all, to make that choice and leave your family behind, well my heart went out to 16 year old Tris.

Speaking of Tris, she is a wonderful character. I love how moving factions develops her personality and brings out her rebellious side.
But most of all I love her relationship with Four, the mystery and intrigue that surrounds him definitely had me turning the pages!

Although set in the dystopian genre, there is something very real about the characters and the troubles they face.
The struggle for finding ones own identity is something I am sure most people can relate to, along with letting your family down.

Divergent is an incredible read that keeps a great pace throughout, it's thoroughly gripping and highly recommended.

2 comments:

  1. I love Divergent, it's one of my favourite books. Are you going to read the rest of the series?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the box set so I'm hoping to fit the the other two in around review books.
    I am excited to get back into Tris' world.

    ReplyDelete