Thursday, 5 June 2014

Ice Cream at Carrington's by Alexandra Brown

Blurb:

The third book in the delightful series set in Carrington’s Department Store.

Georgie Hart and Carrington’s Department Store have got the world at their feet. Since a reality TV series put them both on the map, life has been amazing! Carrington’s profits are in the pink, Georgie has carved herself a place in the nation’s heart and her romance with Tom, the store’s boss, has finally blossomed.

Now summertime has come to Mulberry-on -Sea and Georgie is in great demand. The town is holding a big summer festival and she and her mates from Carrington’s are planning on making sure that Mulberry puts on the show of its life!

But Georgie is about to get the offer of a lifetime – one that is just too good to turn down and something that will test her loyalties to their limits… Will Georgie be able to pull off it off once again, or has her luck finally run out?

20140602-212744-77264234.jpg

My Thoughts:

Carrington's is BACK, and thanks to the fabulous writing of Alexandra Brown I can confirm that the third instalment of this fantastic series is the best one yet (and that's saying something)

Jumping back into the pages of Carrington's instantly warmed my heart because I was back amongst friends!

Georgie and the gang are back and they all have something new going on in their lives.
With Georgie planning the big Regatta, Sam juggling a career and motherhood and Eddie hitting the big time stateside, this trip to Carrington's is going to make your summer and take you on a fabulous journey.

I am finding this hard to write because honestly I want to drag you all to the shops and make you buy it.
I want you to be in love with Georgie and feel her pain at the airport, her struggle to realise what she wants and her love for Tom.
I want you to gaze on lovingly at Tom, the gorgeous Mr Carrington.
I long for you to meet Sam the best friend every girl should have and I need you to have Eddie in your life, fun loving and fabulous!
I want you to experience every word, every sentence, every chapter, for you to be pulled deep into the pages and realise that life inside a department store has many things to offer you. Besides the gorgeous dresses and designers bags, you will find families learning to love again, friendships facing the ultimate test, lovers missing each other and a regatta to pull it all together.

Since my very first trip to Carrington's I have found myself lost in this wonderful world, watching the characters live's change and welcoming them into my heart.
With every new instalment I find myself loving them more and welcoming a new character into the fold.
This book was no exception although I was surprised to end up liking someone I didn't trust at first.
It was wonderful being reintroduced to characters such as Annie and Dan, as well as seeing how their lives have changed.
I love how Annie has come into her own,

As always Alexandra Brown treats us to a fun, delicious read that also deals with matters that are relatable and serious. A book that has it all.

I could gush on about this book for days, It's just incredible!
BUY IT, BUY IT, BUY IT

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading this book now. Fab review :)

    ReplyDelete