Thursday, 5 June 2014

Throwback Thursday: Jo talks Judy



20140504-182500.jpg
Today's Throwback Thursday guest is the lovely Jo from
cometbabesbooks.blogspot.com


Hi Kirsty

Thank you for having me on your blog today.

The book I would like to talk about is: Are you there God? It’s me Margaret by Judy Blume, I absolutely loved this book and although I haven’t read it in years, it is probably nearly 30 years ago that I read this, I still remember it, Margaret’s struggles all seemed so real when I was a teenager and it struck a chord with me at the time. I would say that this is one of those ageless books and when I was looking for it I found that is it still in print today, hopefully being enjoyed by thousands of teenagers around the world. I’m definitely going to go and buy this book again, even if it is just to take a trip down memory lane, I’m sure the cover was totally different back then, but can honestly say I don’t remember what the cover was like. Hopefully I will still enjoy it as much as I did when I was a teenager.



20140602-193921-70761267.jpg

About the book:

Life isn't easy for Margaret. She's moved away from her childhood home, she's starting a new school, finding new friends – and she's convinced she's not normal. For a start she hasn't got a clue whether she wants to be Jewish like her father or Christian like her mother. Everyone else seems really sure of who they are. And, worst of all, she's a 'late developer'. She just knows that all her friends are going to need a bra before she does. It's too embarrassing to talk to her parents about these things. So she talks to God instead - and waits for an answer . . .

Thank you for having me on your blog today.
Jo xx

Twitter: @cometbabe
Blog: cometbabesbooks.blogspot.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/cometbabesbooks

Thank you to Jo for sharing, it's wonderful how a book can stay with you

Next week on Throwback Thursday, Catriona Merryweather .

If you would like to take part in Throwback Thursday please drop me an email on loveofagoodbook@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment