Tuesday, 29 July 2014

Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover





Blurb; 

When Tate Collins finds airline pilot Miles Archer passed out in front of her apartment door, it is definitely not love at first sight. 
They wouldn't even go so far as to consider themselves friends. But what they do have is an undeniable mutual attraction. He doesn't want love and she doesn't have time for a relationship, but their chemistry cannot be ignored. 
Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up, as long as Tate can stick to two rules: Never ask about the past and don't expect a future. Tate is determined that she can handle it, but when she realises that she can't, will she be able to say no to her sexy pilot when he lives just next door! 

This new romance from Colleen Hoover will have you laughing and crying in equal measure - definitely her best book yet!





HOT BED, I LOVE YOU! Thank you for sending me a copy to review! 

My Thoughts: 

Broken, emotional, distraught, these are just a few words to describe the journey that Colleen Hoover took me on within the pages of 'Ugly Love' 

The blurb will tell you everything you need to know about this book, now go and buy it! 
Seriously, I don't want to give any of this beautiful story away, I don't want to ruin a single word.
That being said, this book is filled with so many quotes that reach into the heart and embed themselves there, that this is one of those rare occasions where I am quoting the book! 
Because you need to be caught up in the world of Tate and Miles, you need to discover the passion, the emotions and the looks that pass between them.
YOU NEED IT ALL! 

The story is told from the POV of Tate in the present day and Miles in the past.
The chance to glimpse how Miles became so closed off added something extra special to this story.
To discover his past broke my heart, it left me longing to hug him, to stroke his hair, to kiss him..... 

 "If I were capable of loving someone… it would be you." 

The Miles we meet in the present, is passionate in the bedroom, the sex is incredible and the longing between the pair is felt throughout.
But he can't open his heart.

“Don’t ask about my past,” he says firmly.  “And never expect a future.”  


I feel sorry for Tate, she's so accepting of his two rules because she needs him in her life, she will take any chance she has to be close to him, to breathe the same air, to have him speak any words to her.
She is consumed by everything that is Miles.

At times I found myself breathless, I was so consumed with their lives, that I felt as though I was living and breathing their relationship! 


"You make it so hard to breathe."
I witnessed the emotions, the secrets, the lust and the devastation, but I was also able to see the smiles, the laughter and the way they altered each other's being.

One of the characters who always managed to make me smile was Cap, I loved him, he was always on hand to listen and share a smile.

In fact Colleen Hoover has created an incredible mix of characters, all of whom will leave their mark on your heart.
Her way with words is incredible, the passion, intensity and emotion is constant and the whole story is phenomenal.

I cannot recommend this book enough, I want to gush on about it forever but instead I'm going to go back and gaze at the book that's delivered a sensational  message within its words! 









No comments:

Post a Comment