Wednesday, 16 July 2014

You Had Me at Merlot by Lisa Dickenson

I would like to say a huge THANK YOU to Clara for asking me to be part of the blog tour and sending me a copy to review.
To be given the chance to read the new series by Lisa Dickenson left me hyper excited!
[embed]http://ryanbrazell.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/hands.gif[/embed]

Blurb:

Elle and Laurie are the last ones standing: they’re single, they’re not having babies any time soon and their weekends aren’t filled with joyful meetings about mortgages. For Elle, this is fine – she likes her independent life, she loves her job, and she has no desire to walk down the aisle anytime soon. But Laurie wants love and she wants it now.

So when Laurie begs Elle to come with her on a singles holiday to a beautiful vineyard in Tuscany, Elle is reluctant. You Had Me at Merlot Holidays promises crisp sunshine, fun and a chance to stir up some sizzling romance. Elle has no intention of swapping her perfectly lovely life for someone else’s idea of her Mr Perfect, but ten days under the Italian sun with her best friend and lashings of wine? How bad could that be?



20140714-170116-61276913.jpg


My Thoughts on Part One: (out now)

Part One of 'You Had Me at Merlot' introduces us to workaholic Elle and her best friend Laurie.
Recovering from another disastrous relationship, Laurie talks Elle into a singles holiday!
Whilst Laurie is in pursuit of Mr Right, Elle is happy to just have sunshine and wine, after all no man would fit into her perfect single life.

I love Lisa Dickenson's writing style, her humour and descriptiveness have you captivated within the first page.

Her characters are real and striving for what they believe they should've achieved before they hit their thirties.
Laurie longs for the wedding and babies that most of their friends seem to have.
Whilst Elle, is more career driven. Putting in long hours at work she is striving for a promotion.

I related in parts to both of them, I guess it's everyone's dream to have it all and I'm guilty of comparing my life to others, seeing how much my friends lives have changed.

The truth is I want to tell you about everything, from the flight to the hot guy.
But instead I'm going to tell you to buy it!

[embed]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mak6lbVO5h1rwdpd3.gif[/embed]

It is such a fun and refreshing story, i am loving the idea of a singles holiday on a VINEYARD, it is GENIUS

[embed]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hkSttHAAbLA/Ux0baspKKKI/AAAAAAAAA4g/oxiPEKmK86s/s1600/that+is+genius.gif[/embed]

My Thoughts on Part Two: (published 21st July)

[embed]http://img.pandawhale.com/post-28522-The-Mask-jaw-drop-tongue-drop-5xLm.gif[/embed]

There are really no words for what happens in part two, In fact my jaw is still wide open as I write this!

Picking up exactly where Part One left us, Part Two sees the singles getting better acquainted.

I love Elle, she is so easy to relate to and I love how she's letting her hair down and enjoying the sunshine.
The wine certainly seems to be helping.

I am also loving the descriptiveness which Lisa Dickenson uses, for not only am I left with my mouth watering imagining these wines but I also feel as though I have been to Florence, to take in the art, culture and gelato.

I'm in love with the atmosphere, the characters and this story.

My Thoughts on Part Three: (Published 28th July)

[embed]http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/shocked_joey_friends.gif[/embed]

If I thought the end of part two left me dumbfounded, little did I know what part three had in store!

There is so much I want to say and yet I can't, because YOU NEED TO READ THIS, you need to get caught up in life at the vineyard, to meet Jamie, try the wine and stuff your face.

I love Lisa Dickenson's wit, it's packed into every story and just comes so naturally.

With every word I'm captivated and I don't want it to end, I don't want to leave my new friends!

My Thoughts on Part Four: (Published 4th August)

[embed]http://blog.momentmissed.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/emma-stone-icecream2.gif[/embed]

Part Four brings us the last instalment of You Had Me at Merlot and i am sad to say goodbye to the vineyard and all the people I've met along the way.

After the shock at the end of part three, Elle is left wondering where her future lies and with a little help from new friends George and Donna along with best friend Laurie, she starts to focus on what's right for her.

I absolutely loved this series, every part left my mind wondering what would happen next, what surprises the guests had in store for us.
The characters are incredible, a great mix of people who add fun and flare to this amazing read.

I'm aware that I'm not giving a lot a way but I don't want to ruin a single word of You Had Me at Merlot.

What I will say is, if something like this really existed, sign me up! because Lisa Dickenson has created a world where singledom shouldn't be frowned on, it should be celebrated *Starts doing the single ladies dance*

[embed]http://media3.giphy.com/media/YVORaSWKlblks/giphy.gif[/embed]

You Had Me at Merlot will have you drunk on happiness!

[embed]http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2014-01/enhanced/webdr03/2/21/anigif_enhanced-buzz-24094-1388715389-3.gif[/embed]




20140714-171029-61829179.jpg

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really cute series. Your enthusiasm for it really makes me want to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such a cute series, perfect for summer. Your enthusiasm really makes me want to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete