Friday, 29 August 2014

Pieces of You by Ella Harper

Blurb: 


Lucy. I don’t even know how to start this letter. 
Something happened. Something terrible . . .

Lucy was always sure of one thing – her future with husband and soulmate Luke. But after eight long, heartbreaking years trying to have a baby, that future is crumbling before her eyes.
When a terrible accident puts Luke into a coma, Lucy is forced to reassess everything she thought she wanted. 

Then a woman arrives with a shocking secret that will force Lucy to make the hardest decision of her life.


                                     

I would like to thank the lovely people at LightBrigade PR for sending me a copy to review. 

My Thoughts: 


I am finding this hard to review, it's difficult to describe a book that you don't want to spoil. So I've decided that this will be one of those reviews where I will let the blurb tell you about the story because I am so convinced that if I dare to try and explain it, I will spoil it!

What I will say is that Ella Harper has a written a sensational debut that is shrouded with mystery and emotions.
A story that will have you both empathising and sympathising with the characters you will meet.

Pieces of You is told from the POV of Lucy, Patricia and Nell, three women who are interlinked through their love for one man, Luke. 
Husband, son and brother to the three! 

With the three women being of different generations and at different stages in their life, you will find it easy to relate to at least one of them.

The book shares with us a great mix of characters but surprisingly there is not one bad character and that's because Ella Harper has created a book that allows you to see every angle, because with dislike comes reasoning! 

Lucy is a wonderful character, the strength that she shows in the face of her problems, shows a woman who is prepared to endure pain for the one thing she wants the most,
Although I really liked both Lucy and Nell, my favourite character came in the form of Ade.
Ade is wonderful, yes he has a past but there was something so humbling about him. I loved him, his sincerity, his journey, everything about him! 

You will experience a journey through this intricately woven story that will leave you heart broken and in pieces! 

No comments:

Post a Comment