Wednesday, 13 August 2014

The Story of Us by Dani Atkins

Blurb: 

A gripping love story from the bestselling author of Fractured.

Emma Marshall can't wait to marry her childhood sweetheart, Richard. But then a tragic accident changes everything, and introduces a stranger, Jack, into her life. Gorgeous and mysterious, Jack is like no-one Emma has met before. But Richard is the man she loves...

Two different men.
Two different destinies.
How will Emma end her story?






A big thank you to Becci at Head of Zeus for sending me a copy to review! 


My Thoughts: 

In my review for Fractured I explained how it left me broken, Using a similar analogy, let's say The Story of Us came along and ripped out my heart! 

Dani Atkins has such a way with words that within a page you find yourself pulled deep within the book. You are gripped and consumed by both her characters and their story.

If it was possible, my review would be WOW, INCREDIBLE, HEART WRENCHING. It would be a babble of incoherent words, because let's be honest, when I closed this book I was a babbling incoherent mess.

The journey I was taken on through the narrative of Emma, was deep, intriguing, beautiful and captivating.

The story starts on the night of Emma's hen night, a night when fun turns to danger as her and her two best friends Caroline and Any find themselves in a car accident.
Help comes in the form of Jack, a handsome stranger who happens to see the wreckage,
As Jack heroically helps the three friends, all four of them are about to find their lives altered in ways they could never imagine......

I LOVE JACK! I love everything about him. He is a true hero.
The way he puts his own safety at risk to rescue Emma, was WOW, just WOW.

Emma is a great character. 
The journey she goes on, sees her life change but we also discover her history and that's when you realise how incredibly selfless and inspiring she really is. 

The only thing I didn't like about Emma was her fiancé Richard, I will be honest the night he got the call about her accident, meant that he didn't endear himself to me. His reaction really got my back up and I suppose in someways that feeling stayed with me throughout.

One of my absolute favourite characters was the wonderful Monique, she was always there for Emma but I also found her to offer some light humour at times.
Plus she wasn't Richards biggest fan which meant that I loved her instantly! 

I cannot recommend this book enough, Atkins has done it again with this sensational story that is packed with pure brilliance.
From it's magnificent characters to it's unexpected ending, this book is a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment