Friday, 8 August 2014

Thirteen Weddings by Paige Toon

Blurb: 

Last year, Bronte left Sydney for a wedding in England, where she met newly single Alex. After a night of passion they parted ways, and Bronte returned to Australia. 
Now working on a picture desk for a magazine in London, Bronte is about to meet her new colleague, who turns out to be all too familiar. Although awkward at first, as Alex is now engaged to the girl he was on a break from when they met, they soon become friends.
But as the two get closer, and the wedding day looms, it is clear that Alex and Bronte have unfinished business..


My Thoughts: 

I wish I knew what to say, I wish I knew how to describe this book using the right words to articulate just how much it pulled me in.

I don't know where to start, do I tell you that I loved this book that much it's now become my favourite Paige Toon story.

Do I tell you how much I enjoyed meeting Bronte and loved following her journey. How I was so proud of her for the way she dealt with the Alex situation and the strength she showed facing her fears.

Do I tell you how I long for more Bridget, she is a character that deserves her own story. 

Do I tell you how my heart belongs to the gorgeous Australian busker, Lachie, a man who has just the right amount of cockiness and sensitivity.
He just sounds incredible!

Do I tell you how wonderful it was to be able to hear about past characters (a gift that Paige grants us in every book) 
And in this book we were spoilt with news.

Do I tell you how I loved the way the story played out, the issues Bronte deals with and an epilogue that left me in awe.

I suppose I could tell you all of that but really I'm just going to say

'Thirteen Weddings' is an amazing story that will captivate and astound you, a must read!

No comments:

Post a Comment